Why Did My Clisp Get Updated?

If you haven’t noticed yet, there are a few new packages in the repositories. These are completely unrelated to any of the mugshot stuff, so feel free to ignore. For those who are interested…

1. The clisp package in the repository is identical to the Ubuntu edgy version with one exception – it is built with fastcgi support.

2. I’ve built cl-emb as a package. This nifty library allows you to embed lisp code in html (think PHP, or eRuby).

One thing I have noticed is that once Apache is started, it can take a while for the “fastcgi effect” to kick in reducing page load times. I think I’ve narrowed this down to two things…

1. (clc:clc-require :cl-emb) seems to generate significant initial slow down loading / compiling all the libraries. Once this gets done (I do it before the fastcgi accept loop), things seem to pick up a bit.

2. cl-emb seems to take a bit to cache the embedded lisp files. This could simply be the way in which I’m using them (thinking of reworking this a bit).

With that said, once apache and the clisp process have been up and running for some time, response times are great. Hopefully soon, I’ll have something to show for it. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s